Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > bypassing web form hardcoding login and password

bypassing web form hardcoding login and password

cgian31

I need to hide the complexity from users to access an information
webpage, which is normally accessible after filling in a web
form with the correct data.

The address of the information webpage is like
https://external.address.com/info.asp?<numeric code>
where <numeric code> is a number generated by the server.

This number (always different) is generated by the server only when you
open the first web page in your browser, fill in the right values in 2
fields (user, password) and click Login.

Any advices?

Bob Barrows [MVP]

cgian31 wrote:
> I need to hide the complexity from users to access an information
> webpage, which is normally accessible after filling in a web
> form with the correct data.
>
> The address of the information webpage is like
> https://external.address.com/info.asp?<numeric code>
> where <numeric code> is a number generated by the server.
>
> This number (always different) is generated by the server only when
> you open the first web page in your browser, fill in the right values
> in 2 fields (user, password) and click Login.
>
> Any advices?

Yes, you've already had replies in the other group in which you posted this.
Please don't multipost.

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

Bullschmidt

Usually a querystring is in the form of:
https://external.address.com/info.asp?myvariable=<numeric code>

Best regards,
J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
http://www.Bullschmidt.com
Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips

<<
The address of the information webpage is like
https://external.address.com/info.asp?<numeric code>

Bullschmidt

And some related tips I've put together that hopefully might help:

Classic ASP Design Tips - Login Page
http://www.bullschmidt.com/devtip-loginpage.asp

Classic ASP Design Tips - QueryString
http://www.bullschmidt.com/devtip-querystring.asp

Best regards,
J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
http://www.Bullschmidt.com
Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips

McKirahan

news:(E-Mail Removed)...