Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ActiveX Control problem in ASP with IIS 6.0

ActiveX Control problem in ASP with IIS 6.0

vanisathish@gmail.com

Hi
I have a custom ActiveX Control that is working fine with ASP in IIS
5.1 on WinXP.

But the same ASP page is failing in Server.CreateObject of that ActiveX
Control in IIS 6.0 on Win Server 2003. Do i need to change any
configuration on my IIS 6.0

Thanks

John Blessing

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi
> I have a custom ActiveX Control that is working fine with ASP in IIS
> 5.1 on WinXP.
>
> But the same ASP page is failing in Server.CreateObject of that ActiveX
> Control in IIS 6.0 on Win Server 2003. Do i need to change any
> configuration on my IIS 6.0
>
> Thanks

Probably a permissions problem on the ActiveX dll or it's dependents.
Assuming you are using anonymous authentication, check which user you are
using for authentication (but it is usually IUSR_machinename), a quck test
is to TEMPORARILY make that user an administrator. If it works, then it is a
permissions issue

--
John Blessing

businesses
for your meeting/class over the web.
http://www.outlook-find-replace.com - Find & Replace in Emails, Contacts,
Appointments, Tasks and Notes

vanisathish@gmail.com

Hi,
Giving Administrator privelege to the IUSR_** account also doesnt help.
But what is suprising to me is that we have another COM+ DLL that is
called from our ASP pages. This COM+ DLL creates object of the ActiveX
Control which is failing for me now. I think the COM+ DLL that we call
from our ASP pages runs in the context of dllhost.exe.?

And the ActiveX Control object that we create from our ASP pages runs
in the context of Inetinfo.exe.

Do i need to do any configuration on the defaultAppPool settings of IIS
6.0

vanisathish@gmail.com

Hi,

I have an ActiveX Control called from an ASP page that works fine in
IIS 5.1 WinXP. I am now trying to run that IIS 6.0. I am getting the
ASP page working if i enable the option "IIS 5.0 Isolation Mode".

The Active Control is defined to be in the Threading Model STA. What do
i need to do if i want to get ASP page working in IIS 6.0 without this