Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Check directory/file protection?

Check directory/file protection?

Bill

Using ASP in a VBScript environment, how can I check the protection on a directory, or a
particular file?

Evertjan.

Bill wrote on 18 okt 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> Using ASP in a VBScript environment,

I suppose VBscript on an ASP platform?

> how can I check the protection on
> a directory, or a particular file?

<%
file = "myDir/theFile.txt"
set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
if fso.fileExists(server.MapPath("/" & file)) then
response.write "exists."
else
response.write "does not exist."
end if
set fso = nothing
%>

from: <http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2351>

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Bill

Well, that tells me if it exists, but it doesn't return the directory/file protection,
does it?

Bill.

> Bill wrote on 18 okt 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
>
> > Using ASP in a VBScript environment,

> I suppose VBscript on an ASP platform?
>
> > how can I check the protection on
> > a directory, or a particular file?

> <%
> file = "myDir/theFile.txt"
> set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
> if fso.fileExists(server.MapPath("/" & file)) then
> response.write "exists."
> else
> response.write "does not exist."
> end if
> set fso = nothing
> %>
>
> from: <http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2351>
>
> --
> Evertjan.
> The Netherlands.

Evertjan.

Bill wrote on 28 okt 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
> "Evertjan." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> Bill wrote on 18 okt 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
>>
>> > Using ASP in a VBScript environment,

>> I suppose VBscript on an ASP platform?
>>
>> > how can I check the protection on
>> > a directory, or a particular file?

>> <%
>> file = "myDir/theFile.txt"
>> set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
>> if fso.fileExists(server.MapPath("/" & file)) then
>> response.write "exists."
>> else
>> response.write "does not exist."
>> end if
>> set fso = nothing
>> %>
>>
>> from: <http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2351>

> Well, that tells me if it exists, but it doesn't return the
> directory/file protection, does it?

I don't think you can get that, exept by trial and error.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.