Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > cdo.message emails stuck in queue

cdo.message emails stuck in queue

engwar1@yahoo.com

I'm working on a classic asp site and am having sending mails in my
development environment.

In attempting to use CDO.Message the emails usually (but not always)
get stuck in my mail Queue folder.

Any ideas? I can provide more info if that would help.

Thanks.

AlanM

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> I'm working on a classic asp site and am having sending mails in my
> development environment.
>
> In attempting to use CDO.Message the emails usually (but not always)
> get stuck in my mail Queue folder.
>
> Any ideas? I can provide more info if that would help.
>
> Thanks.

that would be more a problem with STMP server

engwar

That helps to narrow it down.

Any ideas how to troubleshoot this or what to do next?

I don't know anything about SMTP servers.

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

First, make sure that you have valid e-mail addresses in the From and To
fields. If the From is blank, IIS's SMTP service will not send the message
(I believe). The From address must be name@domain format, or Name
<name@domain>.

Look in the event logs on the server for SMTP errors.

Ray at work

"engwar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> That helps to narrow it down.
>
> Any ideas how to troubleshoot this or what to do next?
>
> I don't know anything about SMTP servers.

Jeff Cochran

On 17 Oct 2005 15:21:20 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I'm working on a classic asp site and am having sending mails in my
>development environment.
>
>In attempting to use CDO.Message the emails usually (but not always)
>get stuck in my mail Queue folder.
>
>Any ideas? I can provide more info if that would help.

FAQ: http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2268

Jeff