Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > response.redirect within frame set

response.redirect within frame set

Griff

I've inherited a web application that uses frames

I have an ASP page (within the frame set) that I want to refresh the WHOLE
frame set

Response.redirect just launches the frame set again but within the current
frame, not as a top level item, so I end up with a frame set within a
frameset.

This must be simple to achieve, but a bit stumped by it.

Thanks

Steven Burn

ASP is not frames aware ..... it neither knows nor cares whether they are
there or not ;o)

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

"Griff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've inherited a web application that uses frames
>
> I have an ASP page (within the frame set) that I want to refresh the WHOLE
> frame set
>
> Response.redirect just launches the frame set again but within the current
> frame, not as a top level item, so I end up with a frame set within a
> frameset.
>
> This must be simple to achieve, but a bit stumped by it.
>
> Thanks

Griff

Ah....

So got to use JavaScript presumably....

On the case

Thanks for the hint

Griff

Roland Hall

"Griff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
: Ah....
:
: So got to use JavaScript presumably....

Try...

top.location.href='myframeset.asp';

--
Roland Hall