Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > DetailsView & FormView controls using drop down lists

DetailsView & FormView controls using drop down lists

Paul Eastabrook

Hi,

FormView & DetailsView are great controls in the new version of ASP.Net, but
I am finding it tricky to display more than the record that either control is
bound to at the time. For these controls to be useful in any mode other than
read-only, we need the ability to populate controls like drop downs that hold
associated data, which in the DB represents foreign key related data. In
order to do this, do I create a template field that has a seperate control
that binds to a different data source pulling back the "lookup" data?

Thanks for any help in advance

Paul

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Paul Eastabrook wrote:
> Hi,
>
> FormView & DetailsView are great controls in the new version of
> ASP.Net,

While you may be lucky enough to find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who
can answer your question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your
suggest microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"