Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Which CDO.Message Charset Should I Use?

Which CDO.Message Charset Should I Use?

Chris

Hi,

I am relatively new to using CDO.Message, and I desperately need some
help!

I have an ASP 3.0 application that uses CDO to send automatic alerts
through Exchange 2003. How do I determine which charset to use for the
objMessage.BodyPart.CharSet?

The users of this application typically enter the HTMLBody message
through a form's textarea box. Often, they might cut and paste this
data from a MS Word file, which plays havoc on the message whenever
special characters are encountered, such as smart quotes, em dashes,
vulgar fractions and degree symbols.

Initially I tried the Replace function to exchange these characters for
their html counterparts; however, this appears not to affect the
CDO.message.

I have also tried the following with no success:
objMessage.BodyPart.CharSet = "us-ascii"
objMessage.BodyPart.CharSet = "utf-8"
objMessage.BodyPart.CharSet = "windows-1252"

Should I think about changing the charset in my General.asp page from
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=unicode"> to
something else?

I could really use some direction here to get this figured out. Thanks
in advance for any assistance you can offer!

Chris

which charset to use? richard HTML 11 05-03-2012 10:35 PM
Name your fave Win app written in the last 11 years for which there IS NO cheaper or free alternative which will run on 9x-6.1, like any good 32bit app should. thanatoid Computer Support 59 10-02-2010 05:48 PM
javascript charset <> page charset optimistx Javascript 2 08-15-2008 12:42 PM
Which Codepage and Charset i should used? Benny Ng ASP .Net 0 06-17-2004 07:46 PM

Advertisments