Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > SoftArtisans SMTPMail and XP

SoftArtisans SMTPMail and XP

gregfocker@earthlink.net

Has anyone tried using SMTPMail on a Windows XP Pro machine? The sys.
reqs. on their site only says W2K (and prior).

I've successfully registered SASMTP.dll, and simply trying to
instantiate it in Classic ASP with:

Dim objMailer
Set objMailer = CreateObject("SoftArtisans.SMTPMail")

results in an error:

Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A01AD)
ActiveX component can't create object: 'SoftArtisans.SMTPMail'
/test.asp, line 12

Any clues? Thanks.

Steven Burn

http://aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2134

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Has anyone tried using SMTPMail on a Windows XP Pro machine? The sys.
> reqs. on their site only says W2K (and prior).
>
> I've successfully registered SASMTP.dll, and simply trying to
> instantiate it in Classic ASP with:
>
> Dim objMailer
> Set objMailer = CreateObject("SoftArtisans.SMTPMail")
>
> results in an error:
>
> Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A01AD)
> ActiveX component can't create object: 'SoftArtisans.SMTPMail'
> /test.asp, line 12
>
> Any clues? Thanks.

gregfocker@earthlink.net

I get the same problem with other objects, but I was able to resolve
this by DISABLING anonymous access on the Web site in IIS. I know this
is a permission issue with the IUSR_<machinename> account. Can anyone
tell me how to grant the right permission. I'm using XP Pro. This is
not an issue on another XP Pro machine, but I haven't been able to tell
what's the difference. Thanks for any help.