Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Un-encoding Server.URLEncode and Server.HTMLEncode

Un-encoding Server.URLEncode and Server.HTMLEncode

MyndPhlyp

There has to be a simple method for un-encoding output from Server.URLEncode
or Server.HTMLEncode using server-side VBScript but I just can't find it.
I'd appreciate it very much if some sharp individual here would shove me in
the right direction.

MyndPhlyp

"MyndPhlyp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> There has to be a simple method for un-encoding output from

Server.URLEncode
> or Server.HTMLEncode using server-side VBScript but I just can't find it.
> I'd appreciate it very much if some sharp individual here would shove me

in
> the right direction.

Okay - after MUCH more Google'ing I stumble across a forum where it was
claimed "escape" and "unescape" are undocumented functions in VBScript. Can
some expert here verify this?

(I can verify the "undocumented" part and the use of escape/unescape appears
to work but I'm concerned about mixing JScript and VBScript 'cus my
documentation sez they are JScript thingies.)

Chris Hohmann

"MyndPhlyp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "MyndPhlyp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> There has to be a simple method for un-encoding output from

> Server.URLEncode
>> or Server.HTMLEncode using server-side VBScript but I just can't find it.
>> I'd appreciate it very much if some sharp individual here would shove me

> in
>> the right direction.

> Okay - after MUCH more Google'ing I stumble across a forum where it was
> claimed "escape" and "unescape" are undocumented functions in VBScript.
> Can
> some expert here verify this?
>
> (I can verify the "undocumented" part and the use of escape/unescape
> appears
> to work but I'm concerned about mixing JScript and VBScript 'cus my
> documentation sez they are JScript thingies.)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...sfctescape.asp

MyndPhlyp

"Chris Hohmann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "MyndPhlyp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > Okay - after MUCH more Google'ing I stumble across a forum where it was
> > claimed "escape" and "unescape" are undocumented functions in VBScript.
> > Can
> > some expert here verify this?
> >
> > (I can verify the "undocumented" part and the use of escape/unescape
> > appears
> > to work but I'm concerned about mixing JScript and VBScript 'cus my
> > documentation sez they are JScript thingies.)
> >

> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...sfctescape.asp

Cool. Thanx.