Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Recordset In Session!

Recordset In Session!

Arpan

How do I store an entire recordset in one single Session variable?

Thanks,

Arpan

Prabhat

"Arpan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> How do I store an entire recordset in one single Session variable?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Arpan

I will suggest you to save the recordset into Session Array and use the
array where ever you want. Go for such big session variable (either
Recordset or Array) only if you require all the fields / value of that
recordset.

Hope this will help you.
Prabhat

Arpan

Thanks, Prabhat, for your suggestion but how do I create such a Session
array to save the recordset?

Thanks once again,

Regards,

Arpan

Prabhat

"Arpan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Thanks, Prabhat, for your suggestion but how do I create such a Session
> array to save the recordset?
>
> Thanks once again,
>
> Regards,
>
> Arpan

Hi,

1st you open the recordset for the SQL what ever you want and then use the
below statement to save the recordset to session array.

Session("arrRecords") = rs.GetRows

Now you can destroy your record set and use the Session("arrRecords") where
ever you want.

Hope this will help you.
Thanks
Prabhat