Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Display Access memo field

Display Access memo field

Vincent Lau

Hello,
I'm new on ASP and Access. I stored several lines of information in a Access
memo field.

I use follow ASP response.write statement to display contain of the memo
field.
Response.Write sa1("job_detail")

However, all the lines are mixed into one line. How can I show it in the
original format?

Thanks

Chris Hohmann

"Vincent Lau" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dhcluc$mj5$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
> I'm new on ASP and Access. I stored several lines of information in a
> Access
> memo field.
>
> I use follow ASP response.write statement to display contain of the memo
> field.
> Response.Write sa1("job_detail")
>
> However, all the lines are mixed into one line. How can I show it in the
> original format?
>
> Thanks

Please don't multi-post.

Darryl

Vincent,

I am doing what I believe is the same thing with a couple of sites that
I am working on. I use the Rich Text Editor by Kevin Roth to capture
the information in HTML format and then it keeps the formatting when it
is saved and reposted from the database.

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...itor/index.htm

The RTE takes a little work to get into your page, but once it is up
and running, it is pretty slick. You can then have bullet points and
other types of formatting.