Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP error CreateObject("Word.Application") failed

ASP error CreateObject("Word.Application") failed

MaxiWheat

Hi,

I am using a software that uses MS Word to create PDF files. When I try
to run the sample code (ASP 3.0), I get an error on this statement :

Set oWord = Server.CreateObject("Word.Application")

That error says :
The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions.
Access is denied to this object.

I already searched for the error occuring in ASP, and found articles
telling to set Security for Microsoft Word Document in DComcnfg, Give
the user IUSR_MachineName the permissions to Access the COM object.

But... the error still occurs, can someone help me ? Am I missing
something ? Please don't leave this message unanswered.

Philippe Meunier
Application Developper
Cyber Generation
http://www.cybergeneration.com

McKirahan

"MaxiWheat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I am using a software that uses MS Word to create PDF files. When I try
> to run the sample code (ASP 3.0), I get an error on this statement :
>
> Set oWord = Server.CreateObject("Word.Application")
>
> That error says :
> The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions.
> Access is denied to this object.
>
> I already searched for the error occuring in ASP, and found articles
> telling to set Security for Microsoft Word Document in DComcnfg, Give
> the user IUSR_MachineName the permissions to Access the COM object.
>
> But... the error still occurs, can someone help me ? Am I missing
> something ? Please don't leave this message unanswered.
>
> Philippe Meunier
> Application Developper
> Cyber Generation
> http://www.cybergeneration.com

Is MS-Word installed and accessible (by ASP) on the server?

Bob Barrows [MVP]

MaxiWheat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using a software that uses MS Word to create PDF files. When I
> try to run the sample code (ASP 3.0), I get an error on this
> statement :
>
> Set oWord = Server.CreateObject("Word.Application")
>
> That error says :
> The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions.
> Access is denied to this object.

This article says it all:

Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"