Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Excel wrap inside cell

Excel wrap inside cell

middletree

What ASP code can I use, for an ASP-generated spreadsheet, to force a cell
to wrap if the content is longer than the width I have specified for that
cell?

larrybud2002@yahoo.com

middletree wrote:
> What ASP code can I use, for an ASP-generated spreadsheet, to force a cell
> to wrap if the content is longer than the width I have specified for that
> cell?

Here's the style that I use for that:

..text {mso-number-format:General; text-align:general;white-space:
normal;mso-spacerun: yes }

middletree

Didn't work for me.

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

larrybud2002@yahoo.com

middletree wrote:
> Didn't work for me.
>

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> >
> > middletree wrote:
> > > What ASP code can I use, for an ASP-generated spreadsheet, to force a

> cell
> > > to wrap if the content is longer than the width I have specified for

> that
> > > cell?

> > Here's the style that I use for that:
> >
> > .text {mso-number-format:General; text-align:general;white-space:
> > normal;mso-spacerun: yes }

You put it in the TD?? I.e.

middletree

> You put it in the TD?? I.e.

Yes, that's exactly what I did. Put the style code in the head section (no
external CSS for this page)

larrybud2002@yahoo.com

middletree wrote:

> > You put it in the TD?? I.e.

> Yes, that's exactly what I did. Put the style code in the head section (no
> external CSS for this page)

We should also be clear, this is for Excel right? What version?

This works for me with 2000 and higher.

What I do when I'm trying to figure out what code to use for a
particular Excel formatting is to create a 1 cell excel file, and save
as a web page. Then inspect the code to see what style it generates
for that cell.

middletree

I'm using Excel 2003. I'll be glad to post my ASP code if that will help.