Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > how to setup and test a weblog on IIS5.1(locally i mean)

how to setup and test a weblog on IIS5.1(locally i mean)

Landrik

Well..hell there we go...i'll try to explain this in as much word as i
can...

basically i'm trying to include a blog on my new website. i got this
application called "Ublog"http://www.uapplication.com/ublog/index.asp"
pretty basic tool.. but since i have never tested a site on my local
server IIS 5.1 i'm pretty crueless where to start..all the books i've
come across are not helping at all...is there anybody who could really
help me in setting up this applciation and test it on my server.. well
another thing before you ask..their document on setting up are not
helping either...

please could anybody help me please...

Jeff Cochran

On 11 Sep 2005 11:02:37 -0700, "Landrik" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Well..hell there we go...i'll try to explain this in as much word as i
>can...
>
>basically i'm trying to include a blog on my new website. i got this
>application called "Ublog"http://www.uapplication.com/ublog/index.asp"
>pretty basic tool.. but since i have never tested a site on my local
>server IIS 5.1 i'm pretty crueless where to start..all the books i've
>come across are not helping at all...is there anybody who could really
>help me in setting up this applciation and test it on my server.. well
>another thing before you ask..their document on setting up are not
>helping either...
>
>please could anybody help me please...

It's not really an ASP question, unless there's an ASP issue you're
running into. Might try the IIS newsgroup, or the UBlog support
forums. And when you do, at least tell them where you're having
trouble. For all we know, you can't install it because you haven't
figured out where to plug in the keyboard.

Jeff

McKirahan

"Landrik" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Well..hell there we go...i'll try to explain this in as much word as i
> can...
>
> basically i'm trying to include a blog on my new website. i got this
> application called "Ublog"http://www.uapplication.com/ublog/index.asp"
> pretty basic tool.. but since i have never tested a site on my local
> server IIS 5.1 i'm pretty crueless where to start..all the books i've
> come across are not helping at all...is there anybody who could really
> help me in setting up this applciation and test it on my server.. well
> another thing before you ask..their document on setting up are not
> helping either...
>
> please could anybody help me please...

I got it working easily by following the instructions at:
http://www.uapplication.com/ublog/doc.asp

What, specifically, is the problem?

Landrik

i cant figure out how to set up my server or where to put my
folders...and so on therefore i cant test the site..never tried this
before..i think i need a complete Idiot's Guides through this...can you
some help me..please

McKirahan

"Landrik" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> i cant figure out how to set up my server or where to put my
> folders...and so on therefore i cant test the site..never tried this
> before..i think i need a complete Idiot's Guides through this...can you
> some help me..please

HOW TO INSTALL Ublog - Access version

Requirements:

- web sever supporting ASP and database Microsoft Access

The installation of Ublog is very simple and it is so structured:

1)

- unzip all the files keeping the directory structure intact.

Move the unzipped folder structure to c:\inetpub\wwwroot\

Rename the folder from "UblogAccess - 1.6" to "Ublog".

Edit "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Ublog\include\common.asp"
and change line 34 from
StrPath = "d:\inetpub\webs\tuositocom\public\images_uplo ad"
StrPath = "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Ublog\public\images_upload "

Start your Web server then visit http://localhost/Ublog

What do you see?

Landrik

Cheers.. it seems fine now..but very strange i didnt change image
folder like the editing bit you said but it works.. well for now...
anywy thanx alot at least now i know that my computer can test an asp
page that was worring me..! thanx again...