Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > sending emails

sending emails

masterdon

hi... got a qn here.... if i m the server, i had this feedback page whereby i need the user to type in the feedback in a textbox and then send it to mi. he must enter his email in a textfield and click on a button. issit possible to do that? without having to use outlook express to pop out??

From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/62_2...sp-general.htm

Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Groups
http://www.developmentnow.com

Curt_C [MVP]

masterdon wrote:
> hi... got a qn here.... if i m the server, i had this feedback page whereby i need the user to type in the feedback in a textbox and then send it to mi. he must enter his email in a textfield and click on a button. issit possible to do that? without having to use outlook express to pop out??
>
> From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/62_2...sp-general.htm
>
> Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Groups
> http://www.developmentnow.com

Are you talking to read the email from him or a way for him to send it
to you?
You can directly call the SMTP service to send mail from your app.

--
Curt Christianson
site: http://www.darkfalz.com

Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP]

http://www.aspfaq.com/2119

"masterdon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi... got a qn here.... if i m the server, i had this feedback page
> whereby i need the user to type in the feedback in a textbox and then send
> it to mi. he must enter his email in a textfield and click on a button.
> issit possible to do that? without having to use outlook express to pop
> out??
>
> From
> http://www.developmentnow.com/g/62_2...sp-general.htm
>
> Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Groups