Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > IIS 5.1 (windows xp) <--> IIS SBS

IIS 5.1 (windows xp) <--> IIS SBS

Hello,
We upgraded to Windows Small Business Server 2003
It seems that there is something changed with the asp INCLUDE statement.

here is my code:
<!--#include file="../_includes/common.asp" -->

and the error:
Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0131'
Disallowed Parent Path
/artabel/info/default.asp, line 2
The Include file '../_includes/common.asp' cannot contain '..' to indicate
the parent directory.

It appears that the INCLUDE statement should point to absolute paths, not to
relative paths.

How can I use my website without changing every page?
Can I allow IIS of SBS2003 to use "../_includes/common.asp" ? How to
configure it?
The website still runs on IIS 5.1, delivered with Windows XP Prof

any help is appreciated,
regards,
bart

--

=======================================
ARTABEL

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
> We upgraded to Windows Small Business Server 2003
> It seems that there is something changed with the asp INCLUDE statement.
>
> here is my code:
> <!--#include file="../_includes/common.asp" -->
>
> and the error:
> Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0131'
> Disallowed Parent Path
> /artabel/info/default.asp, line 2
> The Include file '../_includes/common.asp' cannot contain '..' to indicate
> the parent directory.
>

> It appears that the INCLUDE statement should point to absolute paths, not
> to relative paths.
>
> How can I use my website without changing every page?
> Can I allow IIS of SBS2003 to use "../_includes/common.asp" ? How to
> configure it?

Yes, Parent Paths are disabled by default in IIS 6.

Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...y/centers/iis/
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Kristofer Gafvert [MVP]

Hi Bart,

Parent Paths is a feature (related to ASP) that allows you to use "..\" to
move upwards and access files in a parent folder. Parent Paths is
considered to be dangerous because it may be used by an intruder to access
critical or confidential files outside the root of the application. Since
IIS 6.0 is locked down by default, Parent Paths is disabled on a default
installation of IIS 6.0.

To enable Parent Paths:
Click Start->Programs->Administrative Tools->Internet Information Services
Expand Web Sites and right click the web site you want to enable this for
(i.e Default Web Site), click Properties
Click the Home directory tab and click the Configuration button
Click on the Options tab
Check the box Enable Parent Paths

Also see:

http://www.gafvert.info/notes/DisallowedParentPath.htm

--
Regards,
Kristofer Gafvert (IIS MVP)

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello,
>We upgraded to Windows Small Business Server 2003
>It seems that there is something changed with the asp INCLUDE statement.
>
>here is my code:
><!--#include file="../_includes/common.asp" -->
>
>and the error:
>Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0131'
>Disallowed Parent Path
>/artabel/info/default.asp, line 2
>The Include file '../_includes/common.asp' cannot contain '..' to indicate
>the parent directory.
>

>It appears that the INCLUDE statement should point to absolute paths, not
>to relative paths.
>
>How can I use my website without changing every page?
>Can I allow IIS of SBS2003 to use "../_includes/common.asp" ? How to
>configure it?
>The website still runs on IIS 5.1, delivered with Windows XP Prof
>

>any help is appreciated,
>regards,
>bart

thanx!

--

=======================================
ARTABEL
Bart Plessers
Schreursvest 67
3001 Leuven
BELGIUM
tel +32 (16) 23.40.85
tel +32 (16) 28.40.03 (rechtstreeks)
fax +32 (16) 23.41.06
email: (E-Mail Removed)
web: http://www.artabel.com
=======================================
"Kristofer Gafvert [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Bart,
>
> Parent Paths is a feature (related to ASP) that allows you to use "..\" to
> move upwards and access files in a parent folder. Parent Paths is
> considered to be dangerous because it may be used by an intruder to access
> critical or confidential files outside the root of the application. Since
> IIS 6.0 is locked down by default, Parent Paths is disabled on a default
> installation of IIS 6.0.
>
> To enable Parent Paths:
> Click Start->Programs->Administrative Tools->Internet Information Services
> Expand Web Sites and right click the web site you want to enable this for
> (i.e Default Web Site), click Properties
> Click the Home directory tab and click the Configuration button
> Click on the Options tab
> Check the box Enable Parent Paths
>
> Also see:
>
> http://www.gafvert.info/notes/DisallowedParentPath.htm
>

> --
> Regards,
> Kristofer Gafvert (IIS MVP)
> http://www.gafvert.info/iis/ - IIS Related Info
>

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>We upgraded to Windows Small Business Server 2003
>>It seems that there is something changed with the asp INCLUDE statement.
>>
>>here is my code:
>><!--#include file="../_includes/common.asp" -->
>>
>>and the error:
>>Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0131'
>>Disallowed Parent Path
>>/artabel/info/default.asp, line 2
>>The Include file '../_includes/common.asp' cannot contain '..' to indicate
>>the parent directory.
>>

>>It appears that the INCLUDE statement should point to absolute paths, not
>>to relative paths.
>>
>>How can I use my website without changing every page?
>>Can I allow IIS of SBS2003 to use "../_includes/common.asp" ? How to
>>configure it?
>>The website still runs on IIS 5.1, delivered with Windows XP Prof
>>

>>any help is appreciated,
>>regards,
>>bart

thanx!