Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > IIS: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion

IIS: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion

Water Cooler v2

It was all good when a few days ago, I started getting this error on my
Windows 2000 Professional SP4 box when trying to start IIS 5.5.

"The service did not respond to the start or control request in a
timely fashion."

I have .NET v1.1 and so I googled for this error. I got a few links,
one of which, from the MS KB suggested that I install .NET v1.1 SP 1. I
found I already had SP1 for .NET v1.1. However, I downloaded it again
and reinstalled it but to no avail.

Then, I searched more of Google and found nothing useful.