Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > How to collect the UserID, Client Machine Name, IP address info?

How to collect the UserID, Client Machine Name, IP address info?

Kam

In my asp server page, I would like to collect the USERID, Client Machine
Name, IP Address information and passing it back to the server for validation
control.

How can I achieve it in Jscript?

Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP]

You only have access to what is offered in the servervariables collection.

Do yourself a favor and run this script:

<%
For Each x In Request.ServerVariables
Response.Write "<hr>" & x & "<br>" & Request.ServerVariables(x)
Next
%>

"Kam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In my asp server page, I would like to collect the USERID, Client Machine
> Name, IP Address information and passing it back to the server for
> validation
> control.
>
> How can I achieve it in Jscript?

Kam

all the variables are empty.
I think you want me to use LOGON_USER.
but none of the server variable are non empty

pls help

"Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP]" wrote:

> You only have access to what is offered in the servervariables collection.
>
> Do yourself a favor and run this script:
>
> <%
> For Each x In Request.ServerVariables
> Response.Write "<hr>" & x & "<br>" & Request.ServerVariables(x)
> Next
> %>
>

> "Kam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > In my asp server page, I would like to collect the USERID, Client Machine
> > Name, IP Address information and passing it back to the server for
> > validation
> > control.
> >
> > How can I achieve it in Jscript?

Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP]

> all the variables are empty.

Every single ServerVariable value is empty? I find this very hard to
believe.

> I think you want me to use LOGON_USER.

If you need LOGON_USER, you need to disable anonymous access on the web site
and require windows authentication.