Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > CDO + CDONTS email routine?

CDO + CDONTS email routine?

Noozer

Just curious... Some webapps that I develop could be deployed on older NT
systems OR Win2K3...

Is there a simple test for CDO/CDONTs that I can use in code so I could
implement both routines and use the one that's existing on the server?

Thx

Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)

"Noozer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Just curious... Some webapps that I develop could be deployed on older NT
> systems OR Win2K3...
>
> Is there a simple test for CDO/CDONTs that I can use in code so I could
> implement both routines and use the one that's existing on the server?

Sure

On Error Resume Next
Set myTest = CreateObject("CDO.MailMessage")

if err.number > 0 Then
Set myTest = CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
End If
err.clear