Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Sub-Types!

Sub-Types!

Arpan

I came across the following question at a website but unfortunately the
answer wasn't accompanying it:

What are the special sub-types in VBScript?

What's the answer to the above question?

Thanks,

Arpan

Steven Burn

Can you be a bit more specific?

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

"Arpan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I came across the following question at a website but unfortunately the
> answer wasn't accompanying it:

> What are the special sub-types in VBScript?
>
> What's the answer to the above question?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Arpan

Hal Rosser

"Arpan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I came across the following question at a website but unfortunately the
> answer wasn't accompanying it:

> What are the special sub-types in VBScript?
>
> What's the answer to the above question?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Arpan

Here you go - from www.devguru.com
Hope this helps
The VarType function is used to determine the subtype of a named variable.
The output of this function is a value which is a VarType CONSTANT.

CONSTANT VALUE DESCRIPTION
VBEmpty 0 Uninitialized
VBNull 1 Contains no valid data
VBInteger 2 Integer subtype
VBLong 3 Long subtype
VBSingle 4 Single subtype
VBDouble 5 Double subtype
VBCurrency 6 Currency subtype
VBDate 7 Date subtype
VBString 8 String subtype
VBObject 9 Object
VBError 10 Error subtype
VBBoolean 11 Boolean subtype
VBVariant 12 Variant (only use for arrays of variants)
VBDataObject 13 Data access object
VBDecimal 14 Decimal subtype
VBByte 17 Byte subtype
VBArray 8192 Array