Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > SMTPsvg.Mailer

SMTPsvg.Mailer

Prabhat Nath

Hi All,

I know that the SMTPsvg.Mailer component is used to send mails from ASP
Page.

Can any body tell me where can I get the Component for download or Do I need
to purchase the component?

Is this Component is better than CDO ?

Thanks
Prabhat

Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP]

http://www.serverobjects.com/products.htm

> Is this Component is better than CDO ?

That depends, what do you mean by "better"?

Prabhat Nath

Hi, is that component is not free? Thanks for the link.

> http://www.serverobjects.com/products.htm

> > Is this Component is better than CDO ?

> That depends, what do you mean by "better"?

As per performance and low server memeory load and easy to use.

Thanks
Prabhat

Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP]

> Hi, is that component is not free?

No, it's not free.

> As per performance and low server memeory load and easy to use.

Well, if you need to send out gobs and gobs of e-mails, ASPQMail has a
queueing feature that will prevent. But other than that, I have not noticed
any significant differences -- and given that, the next best convenience of
CDO is that you already have it.

Not sure what this has to do with databases, though...

Prabhat Nath

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Prabhat