Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Session variables

Session variables

Lina Manjarres

Hello,

I have a session variable in a login page. Then I go to a form page where I
uses the ProfileID and the UserID. Then I go to a result page where I would
like to use the UserID as a filter, but I can't get the value is stored in it.

How can I do that?

Thanks a lot!

Lina

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

?? Can you give details? How are you trying to get the value? What do you
mean when you say you can't? Do you get an error? Sample code? Are all
the files in question in the same IIS application?

Ray at work

"Lina Manjarres" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I have a session variable in a login page. Then I go to a form page where

> uses the ProfileID and the UserID. Then I go to a result page where I

would
> like to use the UserID as a filter, but I can't get the value is stored in

it.

> How can I do that?
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Lina

Lina Manjarres

All the files are in the same IIS application.
I do not get error messages. A get the result wrong data'.
The login filters Usr and Password and reads from SQL the profile. I need to
use this profile in many pages from there on, and I can use it in the first
page I go to. It seems like the Session variables were deleted or had a ver
short live. Funny?

So I have a login, and a validation page, and a Form page. Up until now
every thisn is correct. The form page has a combo that is filled with a
recorset and then all the values are sent using this jscipt:

function PasaValoresFab()
{ var Fabrica = document.frmConsulta.Fabrica.value
var VecFabrica = Fabrica.split("-");
document.frmConsulta.cFabrica.value = VecFabrica[0]
document.frmConsulta.NombreFabrica.value = VecFabrica[1]
}

This is the combo code:

<select name="Fabrica" tabindex="10" onChange="javascriptasaValoresFab();">
<option selected>Escoja la fábrica</option>
<%Call ComboGR(Fabricas)%>

This is the code for the form:
<form method="post" action="resultado.asp" name="frmConsulta"
onSubmit="return ActivarFiltro();">

And this is the code for the ActivarFiltro:
if (document.frmConsulta.cFabrica.value != "")
{ Vec[12]="(MILL ='"+document.frmConsulta.cFabrica.value + "')"
Vec2[12]="Fabrica = "+document.frmConsulta.cFabrica.value + " ("+
document.frmConsulta.NombreFabrica.value +") "
}

Kind of confusing? The result page has this at some point:

IF PACASOLA = "SI" THEN
Call ActivarFiltroVB()
ELSE

Where Activar Filtro has this at some point:
IF Session("PERFIL") = 3 THEN
Ag = Session("CODIGO")
Session("StrSQL") = Session("StrSQL") & "AND Agency = '" & Ag & "' "
END IF
If Session("PERFIL") =2 THEN
Fa = Session("Codigo")
Session("StrSQL") = Session("StrSQL") &" AND Agency is not null AND "
Session("StrSQL") = Session("StrSQL") &" MILLS = '" & Fa & "' "
END IF

And here is part of the problem: the Session Variable PERFIL is lost, I
can't make it work.

Well, I guess it is all!

Thanks a lot, Lina

"Ray Costanzo [MVP]" wrote:

> ?? Can you give details? How are you trying to get the value? What do you
> mean when you say you can't? Do you get an error? Sample code? Are all
> the files in question in the same IIS application?
>
> Ray at work
>
> "Lina Manjarres" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a session variable in a login page. Then I go to a form page where

> > uses the ProfileID and the UserID. Then I go to a result page where I

> would
> > like to use the UserID as a filter, but I can't get the value is stored in

> it.
> >
> > How can I do that?
> >
> > Thanks a lot!
> >
> > Lina

Bullschmidt

I didn't see where you actually set the session variables. But on a
page receiving a post you could do something like this to set them:

Session("UserName") = Request.Form("UserName")
Session("UserLevel") = Request.Form("UserLevel")

Best regards,
http://www.Bullschmidt.com

<<

[...]

<option selected>Escoja la fã¡brica</option>
<%Call ComboGR(Fabricas)%>

This is the code for the form:
<form method="post" action="resultado.asp" name="frmConsulta"
onSubmit="return ActivarFiltro();">

And this is the code for the ActivarFiltro:
if (document.frmConsulta.cFabrica.value != "")
{ Vec[12]="(MILL ='"+document.frmConsulta.cFabrica.value +
"')"
Vec2[12]="Fabrica = "+document.frmConsulta.cFabrica.value +
" ("+
document.frmConsulta.NombreFabrica.value +") "
}

Kind of confusing? The result page has this at some point:

IF PACASOLA = "SI" THEN
Call ActivarFiltroVB()
ELSE

Where Activar Filtro has this at some point:
IF Session("PERFIL") = 3 THEN
Ag = Session("CODIGO")
Session("StrSQL") = Session("StrSQL") & "AND Agency = '" & Ag &
"' "
END IF
If Session("PERFIL") =2 THEN
Fa = Session("Codigo")
Session("StrSQL") = Session("StrSQL") &" AND Agency is not null
AND "
Session("StrSQL") = Session("StrSQL") &" MILLS = '" & Fa & "' "
END IF

And here is part of the problem: the Session Variable PERFIL is lost, I
can't make it work.

Well, I guess it is all!

Thanks a lot, Lina

Lina Manjarres

Oh! Yes... I have a login page where I read the session variables as this:

StrCons = "SELECT * FROM mills WHERE sigla='"& Usuario &"' and Clave='"&
Clave &"'"
Call Consulta(StrCons,RSDatos,MotorBD,DSource,InCat,Usu arioSQL,Password)
IF NOT RSDatos.EOF AND NOT RSDatos.BOF THEN
Session("NIT") = RSDatos(2) 'Nit del usuario
Session("Fabrica") = RSDatos(1) 'Nombre del usuario
Session("Perfil") = RSDatos(4) 'PERFIL DEL USUARIO: FABRICA=2, AGENCIA=3,
DIAGONAL=1
Session("Codigo") = RSDatos(0) 'Codigo del usuario
Session("Filtro") = Request("Filtro")
Call CerrarConsulta("RSDatos")
Call CerrarConexion("Conexion")
Response.redirect PaginaDestino

Thks, Lina

"Bullschmidt" wrote:

> [...]
> document.frmConsulta.NombreFabrica.value +") "
> }
>

> Kind of confusing? The result page has this at some point:
>
> IF PACASOLA = "SI" THEN
> Call ActivarFiltroVB()
> ELSE
>
> Where Activar Filtro has this at some point:
> IF Session("PERFIL") = 3 THEN
> Ag = Session("CODIGO")
> Session("StrSQL") = Session("StrSQL") & "AND Agency = '" & Ag &
> "' "
> END IF
> If Session("PERFIL") =2 THEN
> Fa = Session("Codigo")
> Session("StrSQL") = Session("StrSQL") &" AND Agency is not null
> AND "
> Session("StrSQL") = Session("StrSQL") &" MILLS = '" & Fa & "' "
> END IF
>
> And here is part of the problem: the Session Variable PERFIL is lost, I

Patrice

I don't see the "end if". If there is no record could the user proceed to
the next page without having session variables propery set ?

IMO the first step would be to set a seession variable on the first page and
writing the value on the second page. It should allow to see if this a
problem with session variables or with the logic used...
You can also write down the sessionid on both pages to see if this is the
same...

Good luck.
--

Patrice

"Lina Manjarres" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le
message de news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> [...]
> > document.frmConsulta.NombreFabrica.value +") "
> > }
> >

> > Kind of confusing? The result page has this at some point:
> >
> > IF PACASOLA = "SI" THEN
> > Call ActivarFiltroVB()
> > ELSE
> >
> > Where Activar Filtro has this at some point:
> > IF Session("PERFIL") = 3 THEN
> > Ag = Session("CODIGO")
> > Session("StrSQL") = Session("StrSQL") & "AND Agency = '" & Ag &
> > "' "
> > END IF
> > If Session("PERFIL") =2 THEN
> > Fa = Session("Codigo")
> > Session("StrSQL") = Session("StrSQL") &" AND Agency is not null
> > AND "
> > Session("StrSQL") = Session("StrSQL") &" MILLS = '" & Fa & "' "
> > END IF
> >
> > And here is part of the problem: the Session Variable PERFIL is lost, I

Patrice

I meant set/write session variables *without any condition* to see if this
is a logic problem or really a technical problem with the session.

--

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

+

&