Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Starting out in ASP.NET

Starting out in ASP.NET

=?Utf-8?B?VGVyb3M=?=

Ello Folks..

Well, I decided it was finally time to jump towards the .NET areas of development. I have experience in php and asp, but nothing in .NET. Any suggestions on ways to go about learning ASP.NET? Any recommendations on the code language behind it? I've looked at both the VB and the C#, and neither seems too terribly different from stuff I already know (asp and straight C respectively)

Any input welcome. Thanks
- T

Mike

you can goto www.asp.net and www.gotdotnet.com

they both have some good information on .NET

"Teros" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ello Folks...
>
> Well, I decided it was finally time to jump towards the .NET areas of

development. I have experience in php and asp, but nothing in .NET. Any
suggestions on ways to go about learning ASP.NET? Any recommendations on
the code language behind it? I've looked at both the VB and the C#, and
neither seems too terribly different from stuff I already know (asp and
straight C respectively).

> Any input welcome. Thanks!
> - T

David Wier

Best reference book on the market:
ASP.Net Unleashed

Also - check out:
http://aspnet101.com

Personally, I prefer VB.Net over C#, but as most will tell you, that's a
personal preference - not a fact - if you're more comfortable with VB or
VBScript - then, maybe VB.Net will be your baby too...if you're really happy
with C++ and/or Javascript - - probably C# would be the way to go....

David Wier
MCP, MVP ASP.NET, ASPInsider
http://aspnet101.com
http://aspexpress.com

starting out JT MCSD 3 06-06-2004 06:18 PM
Starting out in W2K scythe Microsoft Certification 1 11-22-2003 12:26 AM

Advertisments