Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > number formatting

number formatting

james

Hi

Im having a problem getting a number to display correctly. The number is
the result of a calculation and I am then using formatnumber to remove any
decimals.

The number displays as '1,345' is there any way to get rid of the comma

Thanks

Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP]

Did you read the documentation on formatnumber? One of the arguments is
"groupDigits" which means use comma separators between thousands...

"james @usura.co.uk>" <james<no spam> wrote in message
news:bpWye.93910$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> Hi
>
> Im having a problem getting a number to display correctly. The number is
> the result of a calculation and I am then using formatnumber to remove any
> decimals.
>
> The number displays as '1,345' is there any way to get rid of the comma
>
> Thanks

james

Thanks

Should have checked thought you could only set the no of decimal plaves

"Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Did you read the documentation on formatnumber? One of the arguments is
> "groupDigits" which means use comma separators between thousands...
>

> "james @usura.co.uk>" <james<no spam> wrote in message
> news:bpWye.93910$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
>> Hi
>>
>> Im having a problem getting a number to display correctly. The number is
>> the result of a calculation and I am then using formatnumber to remove
>> any decimals.
>>
>> The number displays as '1,345' is there any way to get rid of the comma
>>
>> Thanks

Number Formatting Question C# probashi ASP .Net 4 02-23-2005 03:55 PM
Formatting decimal number Luis Esteban Valencia ASP .Net 1 01-12-2005 02:13 PM
Number formatting rguti ASP .Net 1 06-10-2004 06:46 PM
Need formatting options menu for formatting hard drive Mark T. Computer Support 3 11-24-2003 11:50 PM

Advertisments