Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Random Session Timeout in IIS6

Random Session Timeout in IIS6

Ted Bogucki

I have an asp application running on both iis5 and iis6. (not .net) The
server ruhnning IIS5 has no problem running my application. IIS6 randomly
times out WEB users. The session timeout is set for 60 minutes. I will
get timed out in iis6 in less than 5 minutes. Are there any other
settings that can be changed to stop this from happening

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Ted Bogucki wrote:
> I have an asp application running on both iis5 and iis6. (not .net)
> The server ruhnning IIS5 has no problem running my application.
> IIS6 randomly times out WEB users.

Are there any other kind of users in a web application?

> The session timeout is set for
> 60 minutes. I will get timed out in iis6 in less than 5 minutes.
> Are there any other settings that can be changed to stop this from
> happening

Are you sure it's a session timeout? What is the error message you receive?
Is it a specific page which times out?

There are other things that can time out in an application.

Bob Barrows
--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP]