Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Upload files.

Upload files.

MichaelK

I need to I make an .asp page on our website
where users could upload different files, like text, pdf or images.
No .net environment.
Could be it done with VBscript or have to use something else?
Any examples or ready to use objects, any tips would be appreciated?
I'm a little bit rusty but can catch up.

Thanks,
Michael

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

Hi MichaelK,

See here. http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2189 I suggest using a
component if that is an option. Classic ASP doesn't have any file upload
handling built in.

Ray at home

"MichaelK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I need to I make an .asp page on our website
> where users could upload different files, like text, pdf or images.
> No .net environment.
> Could be it done with VBscript or have to use something else?
> Any examples or ready to use objects, any tips would be appreciated?
> I'm a little bit rusty but can catch up.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

Vic Sowers

"MichaelK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I need to I make an .asp page on our website
> where users could upload different files, like text, pdf or images.
> No .net environment.
> Could be it done with VBscript or have to use something else?
> Any examples or ready to use objects, any tips would be appreciated?
> I'm a little bit rusty but can catch up.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

If you have access to the server, the following component is free and works
well:

http://boltware.net/product/FileUpload/

Curt_C [MVP]

Ray Costanzo [MVP] wrote:
> Hi MichaelK,
>
> See here. http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2189 I suggest using a
> component if that is an option. Classic ASP doesn't have any file upload
> handling built in.
>
> Ray at home

Well, actually.....
http://www.darkfalz.com/1043

--
Curt Christianson
site: http://www.darkfalz.com

Bullschmidt

And here is a pure ASP (i.e. no components) resource for letting the
user upload a file which is something that was unfortunately not built
into ASP:

ASP File Upload Using VBScript by John R. Lewis - 7/10/2000
http://aspzone.com/posts/160.aspx

Best regards,
http://www.Bullschmidt.com

Evertjan.

Bullschmidt wrote on 05 jul 2005 in

> ASP File Upload Using VBScript by John R. Lewis - 7/10/2000
> http://aspzone.com/posts/160.aspx

"The resource cannot be found."

Try:
<http://aspzone.com/articles/160.aspx>