Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > using meta tag and values posting page

using meta tag and values posting page

wk6pack

Hi,

I'm trying to redirect the page while trying to pass some values to the next
asp page. I'm not getting any values when I do this. Is this possible?

I'm using the code below to redirect

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="5; URL=supportservicelist.asp">

but when I look at the value of my variable PEN, there is nothing there.
Yet I see on the current page the value is set

response.write "<input type='hidden' name='pen' value ='" & lpen & "'>"

thanks,
Will

Tom B

Because the field is an input field, it would have to be submitted with a
form.

Try changing your <META tag to...

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="5;
URL=supportservicelist.asp?pen=<%=lpen%>">

"wk6pack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to redirect the page while trying to pass some values to the
> next
> asp page. I'm not getting any values when I do this. Is this possible?
>
> I'm using the code below to redirect
>
> <META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="5; URL=supportservicelist.asp">
>
> but when I look at the value of my variable PEN, there is nothing there.
> Yet I see on the current page the value is set
>
> response.write "<input type='hidden' name='pen' value ='" & lpen & "'>"
>
> thanks,
> Will

wk6pack

thanks, Tom.