Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Choose a Folder with ASP.Net

Choose a Folder with ASP.Net

Peter Wallington

Hi All,

I want to allow a user to select a windows folder for reading. I have tried
to work it out without success. Can anyone help me out or point me in the
right direction. I am an experienced VB6 programmer but this is my first
ASP.Net project.

TIA,

Peter Wallington.

PS: I would also really appreciate any links to good ASP.Net/VB.Net forums
or newsgroups.

Curt_C [MVP]

Peter Wallington wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I want to allow a user to select a windows folder for reading. I have tried
> to work it out without success. Can anyone help me out or point me in the
> right direction. I am an experienced VB6 programmer but this is my first
> ASP.Net project.
>
> TIA,
>
> Peter Wallington.
>
> PS: I would also really appreciate any links to good ASP.Net/VB.Net forums
> or newsgroups.

Couple things, but most importantly you may want to hit a DotNet/.Net
group, this one is a classic ASP group.
Also, you may want to specify what you are trying and what error(s) you
are getting...

--
Curt Christianson
site: http://www.darkfalz.com

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Peter Wallington wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I want to allow a user to select a windows folder for reading. I have
> tried to work it out without success. Can anyone help me out or point
> me in the right direction. I am an experienced VB6 programmer but
> this is my first ASP.Net project.

HTH,
Bob Barrows
--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

Peter Wallington

Curt and Bob,

You learn something new everyday. I posted to this group as I could not find
any '.Net' groups. Thanks to both of you I found the appropriate 'dotnet'
groups. I will direct my questions to those groups.

Thanks again,

Peter Wallington.

Curt_C [MVP]

Peter Wallington wrote:
> Curt and Bob,
>
> You learn something new everyday. I posted to this group as I could not find
> any '.Net' groups. Thanks to both of you I found the appropriate 'dotnet'
> groups. I will direct my questions to those groups.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Peter Wallington.

No worries...
only learn by asking :}