Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP Tear functionality

ASP Tear functionality

Chris Kennedy

Could anyone point me to some code/pointers that would pull down the HTML of
a page as a string, a little like ASPTear?

Evertjan.

Chris Kennedy wrote on 27 jun 2005 in

> Could anyone point me to some code/pointers that would pull down the
> HTML of a page as a string, a little like ASPTear?

in ASP VBS:

function getUrl(url)
Set http = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")
http.open "GET",url,false
http.send
getUrl = http.responseText
Set http = nothing
end function

NOT tested

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Bullschmidt

And here's a pertinent link:

How do I read the contents of a remote web page?
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2173

Best regards,
http://www.Bullschmidt.com