Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > xmlhttpRequest caching problem

xmlhttpRequest caching problem

jmt

Hi,

We are having a problem with a xmlhttpRequest request returning a cached
version of the request - the code we are using is inserted below.
Has anyone else had this problem before - or have any ideas on what we may
be doing incorrectly.

Thanks
JMT

----------------------------

xmlhttpRequest : function(url)

{

var mainPageURL = document.location.href.split("/");

var xmlhttp = new ActiveXObject("MSXML2.XMLHTTP.3.0");

try

{

var vURL = mainPageURL[0] + "//" + mainPageURL[2] + "/" +
mainPageURL[3] + "/" + url;

xmlhttp.open("GET", vURL, false);

xmlhttp.send();

if (xmlhttp.statustext != "OK")

{

alert("Failed to execute URL " + vURL + ": " +
xmlhttp.statusText);

return "";

}

else

return xmlhttp.responseText;

}

finally

{

xmlhttp = null;

}

},

--
jmt

Bob Barrows [MVP]

jmt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are having a problem with a xmlhttpRequest request returning a
> cached version of the request - the code we are using is inserted
> below.
> Has anyone else had this problem before - or have any ideas on what
> we may be doing incorrectly.
>
> Thanks
> JMT

You showed us your client-side code* which is not where the problem is. The
problem actually is in the server-side page to which you are sending the
request. See:
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2022

Bob Barrows

* A better newsgroup for client-side questions is .scripting.jscript. ASP is
server-side technology, so we focus on server-side questions here.

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"