Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Need to access ASP from a middle-tier

Need to access ASP from a middle-tier

Mr. Smart

I have a middle-tier written using Foxpro. I'd like this tier to coommunicate
(that is pass some variables to ASP). I defined a Session variable somewhere
in my ASP file, e.g. Session("Usercode") = Somevalue. Now somewhere else, I
want to change this value. I tried this:
UserSession = CREATEOBJECT('ASPTypeLibrary.Session')
UserSession.Contents("Usercode") = TheUsercode
However, it gives the error: ASPTypeLibrary.Session is not found. However,
VB's object browser lists this! What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Mr. Smart wrote:
> I have a middle-tier written using Foxpro. I'd like this tier to
> coommunicate (that is pass some variables to ASP). I defined a
> Session variable somewhere in my ASP file, e.g. Session("Usercode") =
> Somevalue. Now somewhere else, I want to change this value. I tried
> this:
> UserSession = CREATEOBJECT('ASPTypeLibrary.Session')
> UserSession.Contents("Usercode") = TheUsercode
> However, it gives the error: ASPTypeLibrary.Session is not found.
> However, VB's object browser lists this! What am I doing wrong?
> Thanks in advance

You should try a Foxpro or VBA group. A little bit of the prior code should
help somebody resolve the issue.

Bob Barrows

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET