Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Display Data in Grid

Display Data in Grid

Dthmtlgod

I am trying to display stats about our errors the users report.
The backend is a SQL database.

The fields I want a count of is just ProblemCat.

I want to see something like this.

JAN FEB MAR APR MAY
JUN

Low 0 0 1 0
1 0
Medium 1 3 3 0
6 3
High 5 2 1 0
4 2
Critical 20 15 16 5
4 13

The data is in this format

Low, 03/01/05
Medium, 01/05/05
etc.

I can display the columns and the rows (Low, High, Medium, Critcal). Not
quite sure about doing the counts by ProblemCat by the month of the RptDate

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

What's ProblemCat? And what do 03/01/05 and 01/05/05 mean? Are they dates?
I don't see how they correlate to your sample data.

JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN
Low 0 0 1 0 1 0
Medium 1 3 3 0 6 3
High 5 2 1 0 4 2
Critical 20 15 16 5 4 13

Ray at work

"Dthmtlgod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am trying to display stats about our errors the users report.
> The backend is a SQL database.
>
> The fields I want a count of is just ProblemCat.
>
> I want to see something like this.
>
> JAN FEB MAR APR MAY
> JUN
>
> Low 0 0 1 0
> 1 0
> Medium 1 3 3 0
> 6 3
> High 5 2 1 0
> 4 2
> Critical 20 15 16 5
> 4 13
>

> The data is in this format
>
> Low, 03/01/05
> Medium, 01/05/05
> etc.
>
> I can display the columns and the rows (Low, High, Medium, Critcal). Not
> quite sure about doing the counts by ProblemCat by the month of the
> RptDate

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Dthmtlgod wrote:
> I am trying to display stats about our errors the users report.
> The backend is a SQL database.
>
> The fields I want a count of is just ProblemCat.
>
> I want to see something like this.
>
> JAN FEB MAR APR MAY
> JUN
>
> Low 0 0 1 0
> 1 0
> Medium 1 3 3 0
> 6 3
> High 5 2 1 0
> 4 2
> Critical 20 15 16 5
> 4 13
>

> The data is in this format
>
> Low, 03/01/05
> Medium, 01/05/05
> etc.
>
> I can display the columns and the rows (Low, High, Medium, Critcal).
> Not quite sure about doing the counts by ProblemCat by the month of
> the RptDate

You have not provided enough detail about your source table's structure. It
looks like you need a crosstab (pivot), so:
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2462

If this does not help, provide some more details
(http://www.aspfaq.com/etiquette.asp?id=5006)

Bob Barrows

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET