Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Need clean code for HttpWebRequest POST

Need clean code for HttpWebRequest POST

Steve

Hi,

Could someone post some clean code for a HTTPS POST request running from a
server to a 3rd party server in an aspx page.
I have some code that works unreliably. If I try the request from a few web
pages it will not work reliably.

I use ThreadPool.QueueUserWorkItem, myHttpWebRequest1.BeginGetRequestStream,
myHttpWebRequest1.BeginGetResponse.

Does Microsoft’s .Net SSL socket code use blocking sockets by the way?

If someone could post a sample with how to start the request with a
ThreadPool.RegisterWaitForSingleObject etc so the web page does not return
straight away and some code that can handle many users it would be
appreciated.

Regards
--
Steve

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Steve wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could someone post some clean code for a HTTPS POST request running
> from a server to a 3rd party server in an aspx page.
> I have some code that works unreliably. If I try the request from a
> few web pages it will not work reliably.
>
> I use ThreadPool.QueueUserWorkItem,
> myHttpWebRequest1.BeginGetRequestStream,
> myHttpWebRequest1.BeginGetResponse.

question to a group where those dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest

Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"