Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > No asmx in W2K3?

No asmx in W2K3?

!TG

I just setup a 2003 ent server.
How do I get .Net installed so I can run asmx, aspx, asax, etc?

Bob Barrows [MVP]

!TG wrote:
> I just setup a 2003 ent server.
> How do I get .Net installed so I can run asmx, aspx, asax, etc?

Shouldn't it already be installed? If not, go download it from
msdn.microsoft.com. Also:

HTH,
Bob Barrows

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

!TG

Bob Barrows [MVP] wrote:
> !TG wrote:
>
>>I just setup a 2003 ent server.
>>How do I get .Net installed so I can run asmx, aspx, asax, etc?

> Shouldn't it already be installed? If not, go download it from
> msdn.microsoft.com. Also:
>
> There was no way for you to know it, but this is a classic asp newsgroup.
> While you may be lucky enough to find a dotnet-savvy person here who can
> answer your question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your
> question to a newsgroup where the dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest
> microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.
>
> HTH,
> Bob Barrows

So it was. The application extension wasn't mapped though, I had to do
so manually; how odd. Good thing I have a 2000 server with them so I
knew where to map to.

Thanks for the advice on the correct forum to post to.

Curt_C [MVP]

!TG wrote:
> Bob Barrows [MVP] wrote:
>
>> !TG wrote:
>>
>>> I just setup a 2003 ent server.
>>> How do I get .Net installed so I can run asmx, aspx, asax, etc?

>> Shouldn't it already be installed? If not, go download it from
>> msdn.microsoft.com. Also:
>>
>> There was no way for you to know it, but this is a classic asp newsgroup.
>> While you may be lucky enough to find a dotnet-savvy person here who can
>> answer your question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your
>> question to a newsgroup where the dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest
>> microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.
>>
>> HTH,
>> Bob Barrows
>>

> So it was. The application extension wasn't mapped though, I had to do
> so manually; how odd. Good thing I have a 2000 server with them so I
> knew where to map to.
>
> Thanks for the advice on the correct forum to post to.

lookup the aspnet_regiis command..
This will take care of what you need. It's in the Framework folder,
you'll see with a quick search

--
Curt Christianson
site: http://www.darkfalz.com