Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > CDONTS

CDONTS

abcd

Hi

I want to write a small asp page which will send an email....I am planning
to use CDONTS....

Is CDONTS behaves same for Windows 2000, XP and Windows 2003.

Can my page work without any other settings on all these 3 OS. or DO I need
to setup something on each OS. ....what could be the best solution to send
an email....

thanks

Chris Hohmann

"abcd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I want to write a small asp page which will send an email....I am planning
> to use CDONTS....
>
> Is CDONTS behaves same for Windows 2000, XP and Windows 2003.
>
> Can my page work without any other settings on all these 3 OS. or DO I
> need to setup something on each OS. ....what could be the best solution to
> send an email....
>
> thanks

CDONTS has been deprecated. Please consider using CDO. Here's an article:
http://aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2119

Ken Jenkins

use CDOSYS

http://www.powerasp.com/content/new/...ail_cdosys.asp

HELP ASP/CDONTS Ammar ASP .Net 3 06-07-2004 01:30 PM
CDONTS Stephan ASP .Net 2 12-02-2003 04:41 PM
Sending HTML formatted mail using CDONTS Paul Turley ASP .Net 2 08-12-2003 09:16 AM
Sending message to SMTP server using CDONTS component Chris Pearson ASP .Net 2 07-28-2003 12:06 PM
CDONTS object missing eddie wang ASP .Net 2 07-25-2003 07:07 AM

Advertisments