Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Error in Connect Access Database

Reply
Thread Tools

Error in Connect Access Database

 
 
Thomas Tsang
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-06-2005
I am using ASP + IIS + MS access, when running the
following codes:

set Conn=Server.CREATEOBJECT("ADODB.CONNECTION")
conn.open "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver
(*.mdb)}; " & Server.MapPath("db.mdb")

The following erorr is show:
General error Unable to open registry key
'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x508
Thread 0x634 DBC 0x2181024 Jet'.

I have shared the MS knowledge base and try to
grant the modify Permissions to IUSR_SERVER on the
folder that holding the database, and set the
script authority in IIS, the error is still exist.
If I create a system DNS for that Access file and
modify the second code as

conn.Open "AKmobile"

Another error is show:
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The
Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file
'(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by
another user, or you need permission to view its
data.

But there is no problem when conencting with MS
SQL Server.

Please help. Thnak a lot.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Bob Barrows [MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-06-2005
Thomas Tsang wrote:
> I am using ASP + IIS + MS access, when running the
> following codes:
>
> set Conn=Server.CREATEOBJECT("ADODB.CONNECTION")
> conn.open "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver
> (*.mdb)}; " & Server.MapPath("db.mdb")
>

Change your connection string to :

dim sConnect
sConnect = "Provider=microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0;" & _
"Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("db.mdb")
conn.open sConnect

The native OLEDB provider needs no access to the Registry. Using the
obsolete ODBC driver can lead to this error.

> The following erorr is show:
> General error Unable to open registry key
> 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x508
> Thread 0x634 DBC 0x2181024 Jet'.
>
>
> Another error is show:
> [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The
> Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file
> '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by
> another user, or you need permission to view its
> data.
>


The IUSR account needs read/write permissions for the FOLDER containing the
database, not just the database. All database users must be able to create,
modify and delete the locking file (db.ldb) in order for multiuser activity
to be allowed.

Bob Barrows
--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
Please reply to the newsgroup. This email account is my spam trap so I
don't check it very often. If you must reply off-line, then remove the
"NO SPAM"


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Thomas Tsang
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-06-2005
Thank you for your information, but 'Unspecified
error' is show when using
sConnect = "Provider=microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0;" &
"Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("db.mdb")
conn.open sConnect

And in fact I have already grant the full control
authority to the IUSR on the folder containing the
Access database, but still failure....


"Bob Barrows [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> b
l news:%(E-Mail Removed)
g...
> Thomas Tsang wrote:
> > I am using ASP + IIS + MS access, when running

the
> > following codes:
> >
> > set

Conn=Server.CREATEOBJECT("ADODB.CONNECTION")
> > conn.open "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver
> > (*.mdb)}; " & Server.MapPath("db.mdb")
> >

> Change your connection string to :
>
> dim sConnect
> sConnect = "Provider=microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0;" &

_
> "Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("db.mdb")
> conn.open sConnect
>
> The native OLEDB provider needs no access to the

Registry. Using the
> obsolete ODBC driver can lead to this error.
>
> > The following erorr is show:
> > General error Unable to open registry key
> > 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process

0x508
> > Thread 0x634 DBC 0x2181024 Jet'.
> >
> >
> > Another error is show:
> > [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The
> > Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the

file
> > '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively

by
> > another user, or you need permission to view

its
> > data.
> >

>
> The IUSR account needs read/write permissions

for the FOLDER containing the
> database, not just the database. All database

users must be able to create,
> modify and delete the locking file (db.ldb) in

order for multiuser activity
> to be allowed.
>
> Bob Barrows
> --
> Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
> Please reply to the newsgroup. This email

account is my spam trap so I
> don't check it very often. If you must reply

off-line, then remove the
> "NO SPAM"
>
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
Bob Barrows [MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-06-2005
Thomas Tsang wrote:
> Thank you for your information, but 'Unspecified
> error' is show when using
> sConnect = "Provider=microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0;" &
> "Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("db.mdb")
> conn.open sConnect
>

You need to reinstall or install a later version of MDAC. Go to
msdn.microsoft.com and search for the latest MDAC.

Be sure to download and install the Jet components which are not included
with the MDAC installation.

Bob Barrows

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
Please reply to the newsgroup. This email account is my spam trap so I
don't check it very often. If you must reply off-line, then remove the
"NO SPAM"


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Database Database Database Database scott93727@gmail.com Computer Information 0 09-27-2012 02:43 AM
DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase scott93727@gmail.com Computer Information 0 09-26-2012 09:40 AM
connect a database in remote server (can connect to the server via SSH) zhangxiaoyu912@gmail.com Perl Misc 2 07-18-2007 07:20 PM
PRB: Cannnot Connect to Access Database from ASP.NET (316675) Patricia Kline ASP .Net 1 10-25-2003 01:35 AM
Unable to connect to Access database - Not a valid account name or password. SSP ASP .Net 1 07-01-2003 11:18 AM



Advertisments