Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP and Oracle

ASP and Oracle

Soha

I'm building a website using the oracle database engine. i'm conneting
to the database using the odbc. the database is created on a webserver.
when i'm using the odbc on my local workstation the connection works.
but when i'm trying to publish the site i receive the following error:

Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 5 (Oracle in
OraHome92).

/arabic/news_index.asp, line 46

line 46 is when i'm opening the connection.

Note: what i mean with "my local workstation" is when i call the
website using the localhost. and i mean by "publish the site" is by
giving the website a dns name.

i'm despair and need help yesterday.

Jeff Cochran

On 5 Jun 2005 03:23:25 -0700, "Soha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm building a website using the oracle database engine. i'm conneting
>to the database using the odbc. the database is created on a webserver.
>when i'm using the odbc on my local workstation the connection works.
>but when i'm trying to publish the site i receive the following error:
>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
>
>Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 5 (Oracle in
>OraHome92).
>
>/arabic/news_index.asp, line 46
>
>line 46 is when i'm opening the connection.
>
>Note: what i mean with "my local workstation" is when i call the
>website using the localhost. and i mean by "publish the site" is by
>giving the website a dns name.
>
>i'm despair and need help yesterday.

FAQ:

Why do I get database-related 80004005 errors?
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2009

Jeff

Mark Schupp

Use the Oracle Oledb Provider.