Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Capturing simultaneous user login.

Capturing simultaneous user login.

ashutosh.bhardwaj1980@gmail.com

Hi,
I amdeveloping a web site in ASP and it is a secure site. I would like
someone to help me on this:

-->i dont want 2 users to accesss my site with the same username
parallely.

--> Also how can I capture window.close event in my application and
then call a asp script in that function.

--> Is there a way to capture refresh button of IE or netscape.

Waiting for reply,
Thanking you in advance,
Regards,
Ashutosh Bhardwaj

Evertjan.

John Blessing wrote on 03 jun 2005 in

>> --> Is there a way to capture refresh button of IE or netscape.

> Not with server-side script.

Start all(!) pages with:

<%
thispage = request.servervariables("PATH_INFO")
if session("thispage")=thispage then response.redirect "/notTwice.asp"
session("thispage")=thispage
%>

Not tested, will this work?

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Kyle Peterson

some of the systems out there can do it and pretty well
check aspin

http://www.aspin.com/home/webapps/usermanage

its not an easy thing to accomplish

> John Blessing wrote on 03 jun 2005 in
>
>>> --> Is there a way to capture refresh button of IE or netscape.

>> Not with server-side script.
>>

> Start all(!) pages with:
>
> <%
> thispage = request.servervariables("PATH_INFO")
> if session("thispage")=thispage then response.redirect "/notTwice.asp"
> session("thispage")=thispage
> %>
>
> Not tested, will this work?
>
> --
> Evertjan.
> The Netherlands.

Evertjan.

Kyle Peterson wrote on 03 jun 2005 in
> "Evertjan." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> John Blessing wrote on 03 jun 2005 in

>>> Not with server-side script.
>>>

>> Start all(!) pages with:
>>
>> <%
>> thispage = request.servervariables("PATH_INFO")
>> if session("thispage")=thispage then response.redirect "/notTwice.asp"
>> session("thispage")=thispage
>> %>
>>
>> Not tested, will this work?

[Please do not toppost on usenet, Kyle]

> some of the systems out there can do it and pretty well
> check aspin

What do you mean by "some of the systems"?
We are talking ASP on this NG.

> http://www.aspin.com/home/webapps/usermanage
>
> its not an easy thing to accomplish

So you imply that my easy solution does not work?

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

larrybud2002@yahoo.com

> Hi,
> I amdeveloping a web site in ASP and it is a secure site. I would like
> someone to help me on this:
>
> -->i dont want 2 users to accesss my site with the same username
> parallely.

Here's what I do:

Create a table with a user_id, session_id as the columns. When a user
logs in, store the user_id and session ID in the table, overwriting any
row that already has the same user_id in there.

Then on each subsequent page (I have the code in the shared toolbar.asp
page), check to see if the current session_id = the session_id in the
table. If it does not, someone else has logged in with the user ID and
the current session is now invalid. forward them to some error or
warning page.

The effect of this is that whatever session has logged in last, wins.
the other session is kicked out. This way, you don't need to know if
someone logged out or not.

> --> Is there a way to capture refresh button of IE or netscape.

What do you mean by "capture"?

Capturing the Windows 2003 login user name in ASP.NET Paul Ponzelli ASP .Net 5 07-20-2006 06:55 AM
capturing user events PJ6 ASP .Net 3 08-22-2005 04:30 PM
Capturing output with simultaneous File handle input thomasjbs@gmail.com Perl Misc 1 07-02-2005 06:37 AM
Capturing user information Greg Smith ASP .Net 4 02-10-2004 01:11 AM
two simultaneous tomcat sessions for the same user michel carriere Java 2 12-18-2003 05:07 AM

Advertisments