Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > help me define this problem

help me define this problem

rumaisya

i got this error message when trying to view .asp file. could anyone help me to translate what are wrong, please?

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error ''80004005''

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

/uitm_perak/uitm_seri_iskandar_pengurusan_atasan.asp, line 8
-tq-

-----------------------------
This message is posted by http://asp.forumszone.com

Kyle Peterson

we already told you what it means

"rumaisya" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>i got this error message when trying to view .asp file. could anyone help
>me to translate what are wrong, please?
>
> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error ''80004005''
>
> [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default
> driver specified
>
> /uitm_perak/uitm_seri_iskandar_pengurusan_atasan.asp, line 8
> -tq-
>
> -----------------------------
> This message is posted by http://asp.forumszone.com

Bob Barrows [MVP]

rumaisya wrote:
> i got this error message when trying to view .asp file. could anyone
> help me to translate what are wrong, please?
>
> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error ''80004005''
>
> [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no
> default driver specified
>
> /uitm_perak/uitm_seri_iskandar_pengurusan_atasan.asp, line 8
> -tq-

Asking the same question twice without providing the requested additional
information or explaining why previous replies did not meet your needs is
frowned upon. I was tempted to ignore this post, but since there is a chance
that language issues are the problem, I will make one more try:

There are many causes for this error, most of which are detailed in this
article:

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2009

Bob Barrows
--