Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > i have problem to view .asp file

i have problem to view .asp file

rumaisya

i had created an .asp file for my website.however, it cannot be viewed using internet but through local computer, it can be viewed. the address http://www.perak.uitm.edu.my --> click on ''pengurusan atasan''link under UiTM Perak menu. tq. hope a quick reply.....

-----------------------------
This message is posted by http://asp.forumszone.com

Kyle Peterson

your not seeing the real error which is

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default
driver specified

/uitm_perak/uitm_seri_iskandar_pengurusan_atasan.asp, line 8

see this article
http://www.powerasp.com/content/hint...mmon_sense.asp

"rumaisya" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>i had created an .asp file for my website.however, it cannot be viewed
>using internet but through local computer, it can be viewed. the address
>http://www.perak.uitm.edu.my --> click on ''pengurusan atasan''link under
>UiTM Perak menu. tq. hope a quick reply.....
>
> -----------------------------
> This message is posted by http://asp.forumszone.com

rumai sulaim

thank u for ur information.

ay u give extra explanation on what does it means by "no default driver
specified and data source name not found',please.

tq

Kyle Peterson

basically means you have data connection issues...
could be any number of things

database folder permissions ?
system dsn or dsn-less mistakes/typos ?
etc etc

for help learning to set up a data connection properly try this little tool
it helped a few of my hosting customers learn how to do things
http://www.cjwsoft.com/files/asptest.zip

"rumai sulaim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u2gBv$(E-Mail Removed)...
> thank u for ur information.
>
> ay u give extra explanation on what does it means by "no default driver
> specified and data source name not found',please.
>
> tq

Bob Barrows [MVP]

rumaisya wrote:
> i had created an .asp file for my website.however, it cannot be
> viewed using internet but through local computer, it can be viewed.
> the address http://www.perak.uitm.edu.my --> click on ''pengurusan
> atasan''link under UiTM Perak menu. tq. hope a quick reply.....

You could have told us the error message you were receiving instead of
making us take the risk of clicking on a potentially malicious link. Oh! If
you're not seeing a descriptive error message:
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109

So, ok, I clicked the link and saw the error message. Without seeing your
code, I really cannot help (another reason to avoid sending us to links to
illustrate your error). Eliminate all the possibilities described in this
article:
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2009

I notice you are using an ODBC connection. ODBC has been deprecated. You
should be using a native OLE DB provider. See:
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2126

Bob Barrows

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET