Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Request.Form collection lost on submit

Request.Form collection lost on submit

mvr

Hi all

IIS 5.0, ASP, and https://

I have "DataEntrypage.asp" which is a data entry page(about 250
data elements includes text boxes, radio buttons, check boxes, drop down
boxes etc).

After the data validation through javascript(form.action =
"ProcessData.asp" )I post this page to "ProcessData.asp" which process all
the database transactions like updates, deletes and inserts.

At the begining/top of the "ProcessData.asp" I loop through
Request.Form collection and store them in a text file on the WEB SERVER.

Once in a while the whole Request.Form collection is disappearing in
the text file. At that instances it is creating the text file with size of
1kb but it is not
showing any thing in the file.

I checked and it is not loosing the session information.

Does any one ran into this situation. Any lead will be appreciated.

Thanks
mvr

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

Have you ever seen this behavior directly? Like, instead of seeing an empty
file and assuming that means that the request.form collection is empty? How
do you know it's not something else?

Ray at work

"mvr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OI$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all
>
> IIS 5.0, ASP, and https://
>
> I have "DataEntrypage.asp" which is a data entry page(about 250
> data elements includes text boxes, radio buttons, check boxes, drop down
> boxes etc).
>
> After the data validation through javascript(form.action =
> "ProcessData.asp" )I post this page to "ProcessData.asp" which process all
> the database transactions like updates, deletes and inserts.
>
> At the begining/top of the "ProcessData.asp" I loop through
> Request.Form collection and store them in a text file on the WEB SERVER.
>
> Once in a while the whole Request.Form collection is disappearing

in
> the text file. At that instances it is creating the text file with size of
> 1kb but it is not
> showing any thing in the file.
>
> I checked and it is not loosing the session information.
>
> Does any one ran into this situation. Any lead will be

appreciated.

> Thanks
> mvr

Dave Anderson

mvr wrote:
> At the begining/top of the "ProcessData.asp" I loop through
> Request.Form collection and store them in a text file on the
> WEB SERVER.

And just how do you prevent processes from stepping on each other? Do you
create a different text file for each session? If not, I would expect
exactly the type of behavior you describe.

--
Dave Anderson