Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Can anyone recommend a fairly simple way to retrieve X and Y coordinates from a city name

Can anyone recommend a fairly simple way to retrieve X and Y coordinates from a city name

gil

any open source solutions around? I'd like to feed in a city name and have
the X and Y coordinates
returned.

Thanks

McKirahan

"gil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> any open source solutions around? I'd like to feed in a city name and have
> the X and Y coordinates
> returned.
>
> Thanks

X and Y = latitude and longitude?

If so, which format: dd-mm-ss or dd.nnnn?

Do you already have the data or
do you want the data and a lookup facility?

Which cities; US only, world-wide?

Try Google:

Look-up Latitude and Longitude - USA
http://www.bcca.org/misc/qiblih/latlong.html