Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > XSL output using ASP

XSL output using ASP

thomas

This problem has been bothering me for a couple of days now. I'm trying to
get a small xml based search engine to output 20 results on one page then 20
on the next page when you click a link and so on. I've got it sort of
working to the extent that the first first page outputs 20 results but when
I click next the next 20 results aren't displayed, to see what I mean click
the following link, press search (without entering anything) and then click
http://www.madtim67.com/guitar/index.html

Here are the files I use to try and achieve this in text form so they can be
viewed easier.
search.asp http://www.madtim67.com/guitar/temp/search.txt
search_results.xsl
http://www.madtim67.com/guitar/temp/search_results.txt
next.asp http://www.madtim67.com/guitar/temp/next.txt

search.asp does what it's supposed to, it takes text entered into the text
field of my form, splits it up into a maximum of 5 words (to search
individual words) and passes them onto search_results.xsl which again seems
to work properly because it outputs the first 20 results. I also passed the
"full" string onto this page as well because I thought it would be easier to
pass that on later as opposed to 5 individual words.

<xslaram name="text0" />
<xslaram name="text1" />
<xslaram name="text2" />
<xslaram name="text3" />
<xslaram name="text4" />
<xslaram name="full" />
<xslaram name="startPos" select="1" />
<xslaram name="recordsPerPage" select="20" />
<xslaram name="endPos" select="$startPos + $recordsPerPage" />

I then try to pass the "full" string and "startPos" to the next.asp page
using the line

This is where the process breaks down.

Any Ideas?