Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Artifically Cause a Request timed out

Artifically Cause a Request timed out

Bill

All I want to do is find a way to cause a vb.net / asp.net program to exceed
the httpRuntime executionTimeout="xxx" value to thrown the exception, so I
can do some testing. I've tried setting this several ways. I have also tried
a do / loop to cause a time out...no go, in total execution time would surely
cause a request to
time out.

I've tried thread sleep with a value that exceeds httpRuntime
executionTimeout...no go.

I've tried a second range loop that when executed should cause the program
to exceed httpRuntime executionTimeout...no go.

Anybody have any idea's? Can I actually throw a exception to trigger the
time out request?

Thanks, Bill