Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > asp include ????

Reply
Thread Tools

asp include ????

 
 
g_sharad@yahoo.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-12-2005
Hi

May be this problem is older, however i am not able to find a solution
THe problem ...

I have asp page file0.asp which calls another asp page thru include. I
have to set conditions tht....
originally the include should have file1.asp
In the displayed file file1.asp user selects a hyperlink, it should
take it as request and display the new file2.asp in same file0.asp in
place of file1.asp.

so i want to display multiple pages on user request inside file0.asp.
But originally when file0.asp loads it should have file1.asp.

shouild i use include / server.execute/ server.transfer/
response.redirect

????

thhnaks in adv.


sg

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Evertjan.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-12-2005
wrote on 12 mei 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> I have asp page file0.asp which calls another asp page thru include.


This is not strictly true.

This is not "calling":
An include just includes the litteral text of the other file before
having the asp engine execute the total and then the asp engine renders
the HTML to be sent to the client.

> so i want to display multiple pages on user request inside file0.asp.
> But originally when file0.asp loads it should have file1.asp.
>
> shouild i use include / server.execute/ server.transfer/
> response.redirect


Did you try? [We all learn more from trying then from asking.]

I would do it the other way around:

=== file1.asp ==

... include first part of file0.asp ..
your file1.asp text
... include last of file0.asp ..

===

and

=== file2.asp ==

... include first part of file0.asp ..
your file2.asp text
... include last of file0.asp ..

===


--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.
(Replace all crosses with dots in my emailaddress)

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Agoston Bejo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-13-2005

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi
>
> May be this problem is older, however i am not able to find a solution
> THe problem ...
>
> I have asp page file0.asp which calls another asp page thru include. I
> have to set conditions tht....
> originally the include should have file1.asp
> In the displayed file file1.asp user selects a hyperlink, it should
> take it as request and display the new file2.asp in same file0.asp in
> place of file1.asp.
>
> so i want to display multiple pages on user request inside file0.asp.
> But originally when file0.asp loads it should have file1.asp.
>
> shouild i use include / server.execute/ server.transfer/
> response.redirect


You have two options:

1. When the hyperlink is selected, reload file0.asp and based on the
condition Server.Execute either file1.asp or file2.asp.

2. Use an IFRAME element, and load the appropriate page into it when the
hyperlink is clicked. (I think you can do it without JavaScript, but I'm not
sure.)


>
> ????
>
> thhnaks in adv.
>
>
> sg
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
/* #include <someyhing.h> */ => include it or do not include it?That is the question .... Andreas Bogenberger C Programming 3 02-22-2008 10:53 AM
ASP Include file error <!-- #include file="" --> naveeddil ASP .Net 0 01-04-2008 12:58 PM
ASP Error 0126 include file not found, when using ".." in include file path Eric ASP General 10 01-11-2007 07:38 AM
ASP Error 0126 include file not found, when using ".." in include file path Eric ASP General 0 01-09-2007 06:54 PM
#include "bar" negates #include <string> ; how to fix? Danny Anderson C++ 5 08-15-2003 06:38 PM



Advertisments