Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Newbie - Bookmarks from IE favorites

Newbie - Bookmarks from IE favorites

Ted Doubtfire

I have just installed Mozilla v1.4. The bookmarks tab has an item 'Imported
IE Favorites'. When I select this I get an HTML file in the browser pane
which will ultimately lead me to a page containing target urls. However
these can only be used as links by copy&paste into the address box, as far
as I can tell. Is there a way to produce normal bookmarks from these IE
favorites.

Sorry if this is a much repeated query. I did search the FAQs first.

ho alexandre

Ted Doubtfire wrote:
> Is there a way to produce normal bookmarks from these IE favorites.

first open the bookmark manager. Then :
Tools | Import...

And crawl to the bookmarks.html file (probably in My Docs or Document &
Settings).

--
XandreX
/I'm that kind of people your parents warned you about/