Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Save File automatically

Save File automatically

Tommy

Is it possible to write asp file which create some text file and then save
in local drive automatically without human interaction? I haven't any idea.
Thx.

Patrice

"Local" ? If you meant "client side" obviously no for satefy reasons (the
user will have to tell where to save the file). You still can use an ActiveX
control, a Java applet or a .NET control that the user will have to "accept"
first...

"Server side" there is no problem see the "Scripting.FileSystemObject" for
example that allows to write files on the "local" (from the ASP page point
of view) server side disks...

Patrice

--

news:(E-Mail Removed)...