Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Server.URLEncode

Server.URLEncode

Hi,

If I redirect a user to a page and encode the url, do I need to decode it on
the page they are redirected to.

For Eample..

Response.Redirect (Server.URLEncode(http://mysite/test.asp?id=1))

In this case do I need to decode the URL before I can do a
Request.QueryString("id")?

Thanks,
C/

Bob Barrows [MVP]

C wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I redirect a user to a page and encode the url, do I need to
> decode it on the page they are redirected to.
>
> For Eample..
>
> Response.Redirect (Server.URLEncode(http://mysite/test.asp?id=1))
>
> In this case do I need to decode the URL before I can do a
> Request.QueryString("id")?
>
> Thanks,
> C/

No. ASP handles that for you.