Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > MAC and ASP

MAC and ASP

r14edge

Hi,

I recently develop a questionnaire for our employees to answer in their
homes. For some reason, the questionnaire is working perfectly in the PC
world, but not in the MAC world. Some MAC users using the MSIE browser, are
unable to complete the survey, while some other have no difficulties at all.

At first, I thought it might be a problem with the response.redirect
method, but it came to me that it might be a memory problem that makes the
MSIE to crash.

I'm having a hard time to pinpoint what the problem might be and I would
like to know if their has been any problem in the past involving ASP and
MAC? And if somebody can help finding the problem, I will gratefully
appreciate.

Thank you for your answer and for your help,

r14edge

Evertjan.

=?Utf-8?B?cjE0ZWRnZQ==?= wrote on 04 mei 2005 in

> I recently develop a questionnaire for our employees to answer in
> their
> homes. For some reason, the questionnaire is working perfectly in the
> PC world, but not in the MAC world. Some MAC users using the MSIE
> browser, are unable to complete the survey, while some other have no
> difficulties at all.
>
> At first, I thought it might be a problem with the response.redirect
> method, but it came to me that it might be a memory problem that makes
> the MSIE to crash.
>
> I'm having a hard time to pinpoint what the problem might be and I
> would like to know if their has been any problem in the past
> involving ASP and MAC? And if somebody can help finding the problem,
> I will gratefully appreciate.
>
> Thank you for your answer and for your help,

As ASP runs only serverside, and renders a HTML output that is
independent on the clientside browser, Your reason for blaming ASP for
any browser problem seems improbable.

However the solution is in the debugging.

So please compare a view source of the renered html of both situations.

And tell us if there are any differences.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Kyle Peterson

there is one known issues with mac versions of IE

read the very bottom
http://www.powerasp.com/content/hintstips/asp-forms.asp

"r14edge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I recently develop a questionnaire for our employees to answer in their
> homes. For some reason, the questionnaire is working perfectly in the PC
> world, but not in the MAC world. Some MAC users using the MSIE browser,
> are
> unable to complete the survey, while some other have no difficulties at
> all.
>
> At first, I thought it might be a problem with the response.redirect
> method, but it came to me that it might be a memory problem that makes the
> MSIE to crash.
>
> I'm having a hard time to pinpoint what the problem might be and I would
> like to know if their has been any problem in the past involving ASP
> and
> MAC? And if somebody can help finding the problem, I will gratefully
> appreciate.
>
> Thank you for your answer and for your help,
>
> r14edge

Dave Anderson

Kyle Peterson wrote:
> there is one known issues with mac versions of IE
>
> read the very bottom
> http://www.powerasp.com/content/hintstips/asp-forms.asp

I don't see why anyone should care whether the Mac IE supports METHOD="put",
since PUT is not a valid form method under HTML 4 anyway (or 3.2 for that
matter):
http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interac...ml#adef-method
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html32-19970114#form

--
Dave Anderson

Kyle Peterson

It may not be menitoned there but "Put" was used a lot in the early days of
the web.
If you do enough research and look around enough you will see a lot of
internet articles mentioning it and older scripts still using it. That
includes ASP scripts.

It is something to be aware of.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...