Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Reading data from unicode file

Reading data from unicode file

FaYYaZ

Hi all

I have CSV text file having unicode data in. When I am trying to insert that
data in Database using FSO it change the data.
When I copy and paste data in DB it looks ok.

set FSObj = server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set myFile = FSObj.OpenTextFile(strFilePath,1, False,TristateTrue )

Please advise.

Kind Regards,

Mark Schupp

are you defining TristateTrue somewhere?

put "option explicit" at the top of your code as in:

<%@ Language=VBScript %>
<%
option explicit

--
Mark Schupp

"FaYYaZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Oman8Q$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all
>
> I have CSV text file having unicode data in. When I am trying to insert

that
> data in Database using FSO it change the data.
> When I copy and paste data in DB it looks ok.
>
> set FSObj = server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
> Set myFile = FSObj.OpenTextFile(strFilePath,1, False,TristateTrue )
>
> Please advise.
>
> Kind Regards,

FaYYaZ

Thanks for your reply, I do have these things defined on top.

news:eGHcyp$(E-Mail Removed)...